Investments play an important role in maintaining and enhancing the country's economic potential. At present, the mechanism of public-private partnership is the priority way of attracting investments, both for the Nur-Sultan Mayor’s Office and for the Republic as a whole. The main instrument for implementing projects is private investment in the PPP mechanism.
In most cases, the implementation of PPP projects involves the financing, creation, operation of social infrastructure and life support facilities from private sector funds, with the use of state support, including provision of land, compensation for investment costs and other types of financial support.
In order to attract investors for the implementation of investment projects and mutually beneficial cooperation, the Nur-Sultan Mayor’s Office is operated by the Public-Private Partnership city department for investments development «Astana Invest», which as part of its activities, provides advisory support to urban PPP projects.
The functions of the PPP Department include:
- development of all necessary documentation in accordance with PPP legislation (financial model, tender documentation, draft PPP contract);
- provision of consulting services in the negotiation process of the PPP commission with the bidder;
- project support prior to the conclusion of the agreement between the Mayor’s Office and the private partner;
- search for private partners (investors);
- holding round tables and seminars on PPP issues.