FOREIGN INVESTORS’ COUNCIL UNDER THE PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF KAZAKHSTAN (FIC) is an advisory body which is headed by the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Working body – Investment Committee of the Ministry for Investment and Development of the RK.
The main and objectives of the FIC
Development of recommendations and proposals on key aspects of the investment policy and the economic development of the country, including:
- Determination of the main directions of Kazakhstan’s investment policy;
- Improving the investment climate in Kazakhstan;
- Improving the legal framework of the RoK for investment;
- Facilitation of the foreign companies in economic diversification, industrialization of the industrial sector, the development of small and medium-sized businesses;
- Further integration of Kazakhstan’s economy in the global economic processes;
- Strategies to attract more foreign investments to Kazakhstan’s economy;
- Implementation of the large investment programs and projects having the international importance.
Terms of membership: investing in the economy of Kazakhstan the direct investments worth at least $500 million for investors operating in the area of subsoil use, and at least $125 million to investors in other sectors of the economy. Currently, the structure includes 33 international organizations.